Name:
Location: India

Well im a simple guy with simple tastes(my friends will vouch for that). Im currently pursuing my B.Tech degree at IIT Bombay in computer sci. & engg. If you really need more information on me, mail me.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

On being a MAMA.

A cold sweat broke on my brow. I was being forced upon a great and heavy responsibility. Unwilling I though to myself "Why me? I am way too young for this to happen to me at. Aaaaaaaaaaah. F1 F1 F1. No way man. There are absolutely no documents on how to do this. This has to be some kind of bad dream. "

But the voice over the phone was real enough and it had the ring of truth. "No its not a dream. This is for real. Better face with it. And while you are doing that try to think of a nice name for you nephew/neice". And that was it. Herewith has started a new phase of my life. That of a Mama.

Well let me admit I was scared at first. Not so dramatic as I have made it out to be but still pretty scared. Would I be able to live up to he expectations? Would I be mature enough to change nappies?Would I dare to hold him up in my arms...that fragile creation(note that most fragile creations when being held by me have a simply amazing tendency to shatter into a zillion peices landing me in BIG trouble with my mom)? Would I have the courage to smile when I get peed on? I got the answer of my questions as soon as I saw the picture of Anuya's baby in the sonograph and the big smile on her face. Yup I definitely would. At least for my sister.

Its a weird feeling to know you are going to be a mama in a few days. Now I can truly appreciate the role that my own mama's played in my own life and that I played in theirs. I cant forget those days bursting crackers ont he terrace at Malegaon with them, the times when we played cricket, kite flying at the shet, the first and only time that I swam in a well(again at the shet), and so amny other things that I simly cant do justice to all of them at this time. And then I realised that my mama's(munna,dada and sunil all three of them) played a huge part in shaping me and making me who I am little though the time that I spent with them may be.

Can I do the same? I dont know. Only time can tell. (or can it?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home